Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 52 days ago by Gogojohnnyquack
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 53 days ago

I added six extra-bright warm LEDs to my Jackbot's flipper area instead of #44s to punch it up a little down there. I already switched to a non-ghosting rom way back when and the few feature lamp LEDs I added are fine but when the game sets any GI string to 'off' during special effects or GI tests there is still enough juice going thru to make a regular #44 filament glow a tiny bit. So instead of off, the extra bright LEDs flicker and the light is very noticeable playing in dark lighting when the rest of the game is DARK dark. Are there extra-bright non-ghosting LEDs people have tried for this that definitely turn off in this circuit? Thanks

#2 53 days ago

The GI on WPC games is not really a part of the LED patch. Plus, the GI runs off of AC, rather than DC, which introduces some flickering.

I've seen two options. One involves a complicated experimental mod, the other is an OCD board:

http://ledocd.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=8&products_id=24

#3 52 days ago

The brighter the LED I use, naturally the brighter its 'off' flickering is. Since I only wanted to boost the GI here and there with a few bright LEDs and not do a whole LED retrofit where I might want that new board, I'm going to switch those lamps back to 44s. I can see the benefit of that board though if somebody is big time into LED-ing. How complicated is the experimental mod?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 37.50

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside