(Topic ID: 106409)

Williams WPC Edge Switch Test Freakout?

By LowScores

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

Check out my below video. I captured something my game does every now and then. I had run a switch test to check some flippers and when I walked away it went nuts a few minutes later. I left the game on and grabbed the video.

Do these WPC games cycle through the switches when left in a test mode or do I have something crazy going on?? This was on my Judge Dredd

#2 9 years ago

Check for battery corrosion under the holder.

#3 9 years ago

I had this behaviour on my Addams that I picked up recently. Battery corrosion was effecting U20 which is responsible for the switch matrix.

If your game is working most of the time then U20 is possibly okay, but some corrosion is shorting it every so often?

#4 9 years ago

If you suspect U20, you could always pull the switch connectors from the CPU board and use a jumper wire to manually see if the board is hosed.

#5 9 years ago
    Quoted from LowScores:

Check out my below video. I captured something my game does every now and then. I had run a switch test to check some flippers and when I walked away it went nuts a few minutes later. I left the game on and grabbed the video.
    Do these WPC games cycle through the switches when left in a test mode or do I have something crazy going on?? This was on my Judge Dredd
    » YouTube video

U20 failure (corrision), Opto Board (loose wire, bad regulator), or 12V power failure to the optos (loose wire, bad power supply).

The crazy is all the optos disappearing, and the reappearing.

#6 9 years ago
    Quoted from themadman:

The crazy is all the optos disappearing, and the reappearing.

In addition to all the optos disappearing and reappearing, a whole row came on and off.

I agree, opto board (could be the switch matrix connector on that board), U20 (possible corrosion)

3 years later
    #7 5 years ago

My TZ is doing this right now.

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from gapmaster:

My TZ is doing this right now.

you mean the switches are acting up regestering other switches?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-wpc-edge-switch-test-freakout and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.