You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

VideoCapture_20190922-134743 (resized).jpg
VideoCapture_20190922-134736 (resized).jpg
VideoCapture_20190922-134725 (resized).jpg
#1 4 years ago

Bought this game non working, with a locked MPU. Had the MPU, Logic, Power, and Sound boards serviced. When I boot the game it appears to always go into diagnostic mode showing the typical 01 04. Problem is when I switch to auto in the coin door and hit advance once I hear a/some solenoids pop and the displays go off. I was able to get the game into game over mode once so far, coined up through the door and started a game. Put the ball in play and the first switch hit dropped the displays again. Could really use some guidance, much appreciated.

Im also wondering if the batteries on the board are even saving settings I have done as it appears they are wiped after each reboot.

VideoCapture_20190922-134725 (resized).jpgVideoCapture_20190922-134725 (resized).jpgVideoCapture_20190922-134736 (resized).jpgVideoCapture_20190922-134736 (resized).jpgVideoCapture_20190922-134743 (resized).jpgVideoCapture_20190922-134743 (resized).jpg
#2 4 years ago
Quoted from matb:

Bought this game non working, with a locked MPU. Had the MPU, Logic, Power, and Sound boards serviced. When I boot the game it appears to always go into diagnostic mode showing the typical 01 04. Problem is when I switch to auto in the coin door and hit advance once I hear a/some solenoids pop and the displays go off. I was able to get the game into game over mode once so far, coined up through the door and started a game. Put the ball in play and the first switch hit dropped the displays again. Could really use some guidance, much appreciated.
Im also wondering if the batteries on the board are even saving settings I have done as it appears they are wiped after each reboot.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Suspect bad display first:

Unplug each player 2 and 4 one then the other to check if the digit re appears.

Losing memory:
Check the batteries are seated. test battery holder output voltage around 4.5V

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from PINTEC:

Suspect bad display first:
Unplug each player 2 and 4 one then the other to check if the digit re appears.
Losing memory:
Check the batteries are seated. test battery holder output voltage around 4.5V

Thank you PINTEC. So I unplugged each of the slave displays which resulted in the same effect each time. Even having just the master display active and attempting to get to the Game Over mode also does the same. Does this then point to the master display as being the main issue here?

Batteries are definitely seated on the board, removed and reseated them a couple times. Testing output produces 4.84 volts.

Thank you for your help!

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from matb:

Thank you PINTEC. So I unplugged each of the slave displays which resulted in the same effect each time. Even having just the master display active and attempting to get to the Game Over mode also does the same. Does this then point to the master display as being the main issue here?
Batteries are definitely seated on the board, removed and reseated them a couple times. Testing output produces 4.84 volts.
Thank you for your help!

Cpu not holding Memory Voltage ok:
Change Diode 17 1N4148

Display segments missing after isolating displays Master display fault.

2 weeks later
#5 4 years ago
Quoted from PINTEC:

Cpu not holding Memory Voltage ok:
Change Diode 17 1N4148
Display segments missing after isolating displays Master display fault.

So I grabbed a set of LCD Rottendog displays and the same issue persists with the original mentioned post. Turn the switch to auto hit advance once, I hear a knock, the bottom lights flash and off go the all the displays. Have to turn off then on the machine, still cant get to game over mode. Any ideas?

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from matb:

So I grabbed a set of LCD Rottendog displays and the same issue persists with the original mentioned post. Turn the switch to auto hit advance once, I hear a knock, the bottom lights flash and off go the all the displays. Have to turn off then on the machine, still cant get to game over mode. Any ideas?

Not booting into game over mode:
Turn the game on then off then back on rapidly.

display fault persists after replacement:

Check signals coming out of cpu connectors IJ5 and IJ6 pin 8

2 months later
#7 4 years ago

So it seems this issue is actually triggered by a ball being in the trough. also i can start a game with no ball in the gamebut when it hits the switch in the trough game freezes and the displays go off

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 130.00
Electronics
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-world-cup-system-3-display-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.