By LeedsUnited1

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

327 pics (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider leedsunited1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Just got as Sys 3 World Cup running & tuned up. Game is not saving the goals from ball to ball. Did one a few years ago for my brother & remember if you ended 1st ball with 5 goals, you started 2nd ball with 5 goals etc. Mine is staring off fresh with 0(zero) goals each ball. Don't see anything in settings. Know this is a long shot since it's not the most popular game around. Hope someone someone here has the answer. Put a Rottendog 327 in it, but also put a RD in my brother's machine. Thanks.

#3 4 years ago

Thanks for the response. I have a RottenDog 327 in it. Game is set to run WC78 by dip switch choice on board. Have same board in my brother's machine & it saves goals ball to ball.

#6 4 years ago

5 ball. But mine does same on 3 ball or 5 ball.

#7 4 years ago

Yes. 327-1

#9 4 years ago

The RD 327 covers from sys 3 to sys 7 games, so not sure how there could be an issue one from another that would just affect this issue, but it has to be a software issue. Can't get to my brothers machine, but pulled board from my Hot Tip to compare. Looks like some of the chips are different versions, but all the same chips (see pic). The Hot Tip board functions exactly the same...not carrying goals over. Tried setting to 3 ball, liberal, etc. Nothing changes. I've mailed Jim Knight to see if he has any ideas.

327 pics (resized).jpg327 pics (resized).jpg
1 week later
#10 4 years ago

Problem solved. I pulled the NVRAM & replaced with regular & battery. Now functions as it should. Figured the only difference between my brother's board & my two was his went straight into his World Cup & never went into the Hot Tip. Both of mine have been in the Hot Tip at one time or another as I used it to trouble shoot. So, had to be something from the HT holding in the nvram & wouldn't clear regardless of going through set up steps.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 130.00
Electronics
KAHR.US Circuits

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider leedsunited1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-world-cup-78-not-saving-goals-from-ball-to-ball?tu=leedsunited1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.