You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_2021-02-05-17-29-49(1) (resized).png
Message_1612669148620 (resized).jpg

#1 2 years ago

For a couple of months I've been going through my 52 Williams Twenty Grand. Since these games are not popular I've had issues finding parts, but a previous owner painted the game white, and I cannot find a stencil to try and cover it up. I've attached a photo of mine and one that is in restored shape. Any suggestions of what I should do?

Message_1612669148620 (resized).jpgMessage_1612669148620 (resized).jpgScreenshot_2021-02-05-17-29-49(1) (resized).pngScreenshot_2021-02-05-17-29-49(1) (resized).png
#2 2 years ago

Try latex remover, the artwork may be recoverable so you can make stencils.

I have laser cut stencils for the door. I uploaded a PDF of the artwork to the Gallery for Twenty Grand

Either laser cut (I use 1/8” MDF for stencils) or print out and hand cut poster board or a similar stiff material.

You can see an example repainted cabinet (done with laser cut stencils) here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-1954-spitfire-restoration-complete
I recovered the original artwork after stripping off latex and was able to make stencils.

#3 2 years ago

You may be able to strip or sand the white layer to expose the original paint.

1 month later
#4 2 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

Try latex remover, the artwork may be recoverable so you can make stencils.
I have laser cut stencils for the door. I uploaded a PDF of the artwork to the Gallery for Twenty Grand
Either laser cut (I use 1/8” MDF for stencils) or print out and hand cut poster board or a similar stiff material.
You can see an example repainted cabinet (done with laser cut stencils) here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-1954-spitfire-restoration-complete
I recovered the original artwork after stripping off latex and was able to make stencils.

Thank you so much for the stencil! I really appreciate it!
For the original artwork its in kinda rough shape, but I should be able to preserve it. I just used alcohol to strip the paint.

9 months later
#5 2 years ago

I actually bought this game (or one exactly like it) and stripped it. I've done that before with other machines and the original artwork is under the white paint. I have used smart strip and it works extremely well.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-woodrail-stencils and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.