(Topic ID: 131481)

Williams Winner- Can only get 1st ball to play

By Leosac

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Leosac.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Picked up a unique game by Williams. It is a horse racing game. Playfield is in very nice shape but all inner workings, switches, score reels, etc. are a filthy mess.

This game does not have a plunger but a button that is pressed which shoots out the ball to start a game. Game starts fine, ball loads and shoots out. The two main problems I'd like to work on first are these:

1. Ball 1 plays without issue. Once the ball drains, I cannot get a second ball to play. If I turn off the machine and turn it back on, game resets, restarting a game from ball one, no problem. So the short of it, I cannot get the game to advance beyond the first ball.

2. When I do get the ball to play, the machine seems very "under-powered". The ball shoots out with little force, slings have little force, flippers although a little stronger that other parts of the game, still seem under-powered.

Look forward to any thought.

1 month later
#5 8 years ago
Quoted from JoeNewberry:

By the way, if you start a two player game, does it play ball one for both players, or does it just stop responding after player 1, ball 1 goes out?

Game never advances beyond Ball 1 of Player 1.

1 week later
#6 8 years ago

Cleaned up the Ball Count Unit. Everything moves freely. Problem still exists.

Is it possible it has something to do with the switch in that also controls the ball shooting out? The roll over wire part of the game?

#8 8 years ago

Restart always brings up a new game at ball one. Score resets, game resets.

As for clean up, I have done what I think to be a pretty decent job on the ball count unit and similar units. I have not done much messing around with the switch stack. Is there one switch in particular I should focus in on?

#10 8 years ago

Thanks everyone. Solid advice. Cleaned contacts, adjusted switches and good to go.

Still having trouble with the strength of the ball shooting out to start a game. The ball rarely reaches the top of the playfield to the horse targets. How do I get more power to this shooter mechanism?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Plastics
StempleLABS

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Leosac.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-winner-can-only-get-1st-ball-to-play?tu=Leosac and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.