Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3505 (resized).jpg
IMG_3504 (resized).jpg
#1 3 years ago

Does anyone know if a Williams branded flipper bat is any wider or narrower than a Data East branded flipper bat?

I have a bit of ball hop in my Back To The Future pin, and after aligning the bats, etc the ball hop is still there. After further examination, it looks like there are 2 different flipper bats installed, one generic with no logo, and one with a Williams logo. Never really noticed or cared when I bought the game.

Ball hop has always been there, it just never bothered me much until recently. My question is that if I outfit the pin with the correct DE flippers, could the ball hop go away? In other words, are the DE flippers slightly NARROWER than the Williams?

#2 3 years ago

I have spares of DE, Williams and no brand. They are all the same size.

I would put two new DE in. Looks better. Yours may be cracked.

I use Perfect Play silicon bands from Pinball Life. They play similar to rubber.

#3 3 years ago

Titan Pinball sells thinner flipper rubbers which may help.

BTTF uses metal guides. You may be able to loosen the guide and adjust it closer to the flipper/higher up. Cliffy may also have replacements, send him an email

#4 3 years ago

Actually, I didn't think of this until just now, I could try just flipping the 2 flipper bats, and see if I have the ball hop on the OTHER side. I am getting ready to get flipper rebuild kits with new DE bats anyways, just not ready yet so I thought id ask about this. Also didn't know about thinner rubbers...

Didn't think of the Ball guide, ill have to check that out as well.

Thanks!
Jim

#5 3 years ago

I ended up adjusting the metal guide a bit and this seemed to work for now! How do I get ahold of “cliffy” for a bee set of guides? After inspection they both look pretty worn.

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from jimgravina:

I ended up adjusting the metal guide a bit and this seemed to work for now! How do I get ahold of “cliffy” for a bee set of guides? After inspection they both look pretty worn.

http://www.passionforpinball.com/FlipFrames.htm

#7 3 years ago

Thank you! Reached out to Cliff and already have a set of ball return guides on order! Thank you everyone!
Jim

#8 3 years ago

Just got these from Cliffy today! Work perfectly! Huge thanks to him and everyone who commented.

Jim

IMG_3504 (resized).jpgIMG_3504 (resized).jpgIMG_3505 (resized).jpgIMG_3505 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 18.95
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-vs-data-east-flipper-bat-width-ball-hop?hl=jimgravina and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.