(Topic ID: 317769)

Williams Upper Deck strange bat behavior

By Bad-Sir-Ivan

1 year ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

Got an annoying issue with a Williams Upper Deck in which, even though the bat and bat button relays energize and the button switches are correctly adjusted and cleaned, the bat doesn't swing..... unless I hit the button way early..... and then the bat stays energized and buzzes very loud until the ball drops.

There is a very small timing window in which a normal swing will execute but still way before the ball can make contact with the bat. I've checked switches on the pitch unit, bat unit and all relays. All seem correctly adjusted and cleaned.

I've considered the possibility that the pitcher unit cams aren't mounted correctly but I am unable to make sense of the diagram in the manual.

Can anyone offer any assistance?

1 week later
#2 1 year ago

If this is still an issue I know from multiple games the following.

The EOS switch on the bat assembly needs sometimes to be bent away from the the striking arm. This can make all the difference when getting the timing with the bat relay synchronized.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-upper-deck-strange-bat-behavior- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.