• 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by MrBally
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinball (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PSchwisow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 5 years ago

Which relay is buzzing when you push start? Are the relays still labeled? My Triple Strike has nearly all the relays labelled still, so if you tell me which bank (you said the line of them running along the right side at the bottom of the cabinet?) and which one (1st, 2nd, 3rd from the front?) I can tell you which relay that is. (Also finding the part number on the coil can help you figure out which relay it is as well.)

#11 5 years ago

The score motor never runs? If not, then I wouldn't worry about the score reels (yet). It's failing somewhere in the first two paragraphs of the reset cycle OR there is a problem running the score motor. For the relays that are being activated, look for any switches that are visibly not opening / closing when the relays pull in. If you see any blue sparks (other than when the relays are in the process of opening / closing). The switches might not be making good contact. Don't try to adjust them yet. Just look and report back.

#16 5 years ago

Sorry, the terminology can be confusing. I was talking about the score motor in the cabinet (near the transformer, but on the left side). It looks like this: http://www.pinrepair.com/em/wmsmotor1.jpg

That should turn during most of the phases of the reset cycle. Have you ever seen it run? The service jack on the left side should have a plug that can go in "on" or "off". Make sure it is plugged into "on".

As a new EM pinball owner, I highly recommend reading through http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index1.htm when you have the chance. It's not necessarily going to help you with issues specific to Triple Strike, but it covers all the parts that make an EM pin work.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from Mikala:

Just a FYI, the kick out hole always works no matter what state the game is in. Game over, etc.

Mikala I haven't had a chance to pull off the glass and test, but I think that should also trigger score motor to run regardless of game state (though there will be no points scored in game over state). Do you know if that is correct? That could be a good test of whether score motor is running correctly.

#25 5 years ago

I'm a bit confused. The score motor was running and doing what is shown in the video, but now it's doing nothing? What changed?

#28 5 years ago

Hmmm... I'm wondering if maybe the credit unit "open at zero" switch is not closing when in a non-zero position.

#29 5 years ago

That's not the flipper EOS, it's the EOS on the credit unit decrement coil. It should be somewhere on the credit unit. There should be two coils on the credit unit. B1-26-800 is the reset (decrement) coil. If you manually pull in that solenoid (probably best with power off) there should be a switch that is closed when it pulls all the way in.

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Tighten the screws on each switch stack first, before adjusting switches.

For someone who is new at this, I think we should try to be sure of what the problem is before starting to make adjustments. I suspect based on earlier statements that there is at least one score reel that will need a zero switch adjustment, but I don't think it makes sense to look at that until the OP can get the reset cycle started normally (without manually closing any relays).

#35 5 years ago

That's a good sign that if we address the reset cycle issue, the game should be playable.

There are several relays called "1 to 10" something. What is the part number on the coil wrapper? The coil list on page 12 of the manual will tell help you figure out which coil it is. You can also look at the switch arrangements for each relay later in the manual to confirm which one you're looking at.

To be honest, the wire colors are probably so faded at this point (they are on mine), that it can take a bit of guessing to figure out the original colors.

#37 5 years ago

It is counter-intuitive, but the game over relay is ON during the game and OFF when it's game over (confirmed on mine). That coil is energized throughout the game, so it will get rather warm.

What is happening with the score reels during the reset cycle? Do they stop at zero or continue to cycle?

#40 5 years ago

It really seems like it doesn't register that score reel getting to zero. I can't see the switches well enough to be sure, but compare the switches on that reel to the switches in the other reels. The zero switches should operate the same on all of them. Also check the solder connections to the switch. They might look good but actually be broken.

The 9 switches are working correctly. You can see that because the lower reels trigger higher reels when at 9.

The fact that the score motor keeps running for a little bit after those relays open. It always runs until it hits home position (one cycle is 180 degrees of rotation).

#42 5 years ago

So reset relay is dropping out after score reels are zeroed? Does bonus relay ever pull in? The next phase of the reset cycle is the resetting of bonus steppers. The bonus relay should pull in, hold the reset relay, and run the score motor to do these resets.

#43 5 years ago

To answer your other concern, it is normal for the score reset relay to pulse with the impulse cam on the score motor while score reels are resetting. I haven't checked to see if this relay stops when score reels are at zero or continues throughout the reset cycle.

#45 5 years ago

It's the score reset relay at E-6. If you follow the line down there is a switch with a circle around it. That means that it's part of the score motor. It's labelled "IMP-B", which means it's switch B on the impulse cam (the cam that pulses 5 times per cycle). Looking in the score motor section of the schematic at A-9 shows the switches on the impulse cam. B is labelled "pulses score reset re., credit unit s.u. & 1,000 pt re." If it says it's pulsing the relay, then it's expected to be opening and closing (assuming the other switches in the score reset relay circuit are all closed).

#51 5 years ago

What's happening with the eject relay when this gets stuck? Is it getting stuck open? (I think eject relay is in the same line of relays as bonus relay, but I'm not sure where in the line it is. If you can't find it, let me know.)

#53 5 years ago

It looks like the eject relay should drop out near the end of the score motor cycle when 5-C opens. It could be a problem with that switch or it could be a physical issue that is keeping the relay from quickly opening before the switch closes again (as the score motor keeps turning).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Chesapeake, VA
$ 24.98
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PSchwisow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-tripple-strike-wont-do-much?tu=PSchwisow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.