4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by tvschaser
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PSchwisow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 4 years ago

It sounds like something is not happening correctly during the bonus / reset cycle. I gave a fairly detailed explanation of what should happen in this thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-triple-strike-help-please#post-4928838 I didn't really cover the eject hole part of that process, but take a look at that and see if you can find where the strike reset issue is happening. I can try to write up some details about how the eject hole reset works when I have a little more time.

#4 4 years ago

The first thing I'm curious about on the strike unit is whether it:
1. Doesn't step down (turn off X lights) while it's counting strike bonus
OR
2. Steps back up (re-lights the X lights) after the bonus is scored

If it's the latter, it's possible that the "bonus held" feature is stuck on when it shouldn't be. If that's the case, then the problem may not lie in the strike bonus unit operation at all.

#7 4 years ago

It looks like something is causing your eject hole stepper to step up to 5 when the ball drains. When it gets to 3 it turns on the hold bonus. I would tilt up the playfield and watch the operation of the eject hole stepper when you manually trigger it and also when you trigger the outhole switch.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.98
Machine - For Sale
Chesapeake, VA
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PSchwisow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-triple-strike-issues-when-ball-drains?tu=PSchwisow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.