(Topic ID: 311439)

Williams Triple Strike - Doesn’t Score

By TheCnyPinGuy

2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheCnyPinGuy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

Hi Folks

This was semi posted on EM pinball on FB but after an original issue was solved

So stating fresh topic

On WMS 1975 Triple Strike
The game does Not Score any points Nor Chimes work

The game resets and you can play your 5 balls all the way down to Game Over

Flippers work
Slings / pop bumper
Drops
Adds Bonus

Just not score or chimes

I was guided by Fun with Pinball to check the
Tilt / Reset Relay / Game Over to ensure all 3 are switches are closed and after inspection, they are closed and appear working accordingly

But still no scoring or chimes

If I manually add a score they all do reset to 0 before serving a ball

Any help would be greatly appreciated
I feel it’s something very minor I’m over looking to have this feature work

Thanks
James

#3 2 years ago

Nothing at all

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from dgAmpGuy:

Good opportunity to use the 2 lightbulbs in series test rig to follow the wires through the path. I’d start with the 10 point relay. Does the relay itself get power? If not, work one of the two wires back through the circuit. There should be places in the backbox where you can pick up the red, black, and yellow wires to make sure they’re hot. That takes all the switches out of the picture. The jones plugs are the obvious suspects, both in the backbox and on the motor board. But I’ve run into plenty of cases where it’s a solder tab to the plug socket or a tie point where one of the common wires branches off.
You’ll find it. Good luck,
Dave

I will take a look

but if I put a manual score on the game once I hit the start button they all reset to zero so I assume they are getting some kind of power to the coils on the score reels

I am not going to give up as it deserves the respect it’s been lacking for many years

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from ArgosySK:

There is power getting to the reset coil and the score reels fed by the Black wire.
But it sounds like you are not getting power to the 10, 100, 1k, 10k point relay coils. These are fed by the Red wire.
Because the playfield appears to be working. I would focus on the backbox and its connections.
The other place to check would be the Tilt relay to ensure the red wires are connected - there maybe two and one maybe loose.

Would the chimes be in sync with the power were missing to the score reels or is that a separate concern

1 week later
#10 2 years ago

Okay folks something weird has occurred with Triple Strike

Doing nothing to the games mech panel or head

Played a game and Now 100s reel / chime work

The 10s & 1000s - still nothing at all

I will take a better look when I have time and appreciate everyone’s help

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.98
Machine - For Sale
Chesapeake, VA
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheCnyPinGuy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-triple-strike-doesnt-score-?tu=TheCnyPinGuy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.