You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
#1 4 years ago

All,
My machine was working great, I was doing some simple clean up trying to get my coin door lights to work, the wires going to the coin door were disconnected so I reconnected them. at that time it blew a 6V, 15A fuse. I replaced the fuse all lights lit up, but now the ball kick will not function and all three strikes are lit, it looks as if the solenoid is not getting voltage when I push the reset button which I slightly modified when trying to get the LED lights on the coin door to work. I sense put all wires back to where they were before the mod and I am still having the reset and ball kick issues. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

#2 4 years ago
Quoted from Atomic:

I am still having the reset and ball kick issues. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Page 1 of the Triple Strike manual lists the "Reset Cycle". How far is it getting?

https://www.ipdb.org/files/2652/Wms_TripleStrike0001.pdf

#3 4 years ago

The reset process is working up to kicking out the ball. The ball kick does not seem to be working now. It was working before I messed with the coin door wires, I am baffled.

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from Atomic:

The reset process is working up to kicking out the ball

If the Outhole relay is activating but the Ball Release solenoid isn't, Inspect and diagnose this circuit with Alligator clip jumper wires
http://www.planetimming.com/Pinball/troubleshooting/EM%20Troubleshooting.pdf
http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index3.htm#features

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#5 4 years ago

I will look into that. I also noticed the eject on top stays on 5 and the special stays lit. Not sure what may be causing that.

#6 4 years ago

Ok I fixed the eject 5 and special light but I am still having issues with the ball index kicking the ball after a ball drains. Also my strikes are not registering now if I manually hit all 10 buttons. Most everything seems to be working as usual except the strike issue and the ball drain not working. Any ideas what it may be? As I mentioned before the game was working perfectly until I tried to get the coin door lights to work, something shorted it blew the small 6V light fuse. I replaced the fuse put everything back to the way it was before I messed with the door and now I have this issue... Odd for sure. Thanks,

#7 4 years ago

Does the 1 to 10 bank reset coil fire? That would be a common thread between a failure at the end of the reset cycle and the strike completion not working.

3 weeks later
#8 4 years ago

Update: I was poking around in my TS tripping random relays, by doing this one of the relays put the machine into a continuous reset mode I let it run in this state for about a minute. I cut the power, plugged it back in and I will be danged it has worked perfectly ever since. The continuous reset must have realigned something that was out, I honestly wish I knew what I did to fix it. Thanks to those who responded!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

$ 24.98
Machine - For Sale
Chesapeake, VA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-triple-strike-ball-kick-reset-issue?hl=pschwisow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.