(Topic ID: 176671)

williams triple action advance bonus issue

By singlezero

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

this machine seems to get a lot of us asking for advice on various issues.
I hope I can explain myself with the issue I want to fix . hopefully it makes sense.
so to date , I had an issue with ball count not setting right and .. a cycling on restart so those issues have been fixed.
the only issue I now have is that the advance bonus doesn't step up when it is supposed to . this is to happen once the spinner relay goes through its advances and accomplishing such adds a bonus .

I cleaned the advance unit contacts. if I press the relay in , it does step up the advance unit stepper with ease. I also found on the schematics for 3A on the score motor "pulses advance stepper unit" so I cleaned contacts on that as well.

im relatively new to sorting out these issues so if im looking in the wrong place or .. a solution would be appreciated.

the schematics are at http://ipdb.org/search.pl?any=triple+action&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick#2648

thanks in advance

#2 7 years ago

oh for flippin sakes , I went back to it dropped the playfield in and played a game. in no where .. does the game imply or say it does an advance bonus once the spinner cylces through .. it merely .. advances single.. double and triple bonus.

it is hard enough .. fixing issues ad trying to find them in a machine.
its ten times harder finding how to fix an issue when there is no issue in the first place.
I cant believe .. I had the hood up on this machine wanting to get back to it and .. spent a couple of hours looking and .. to find it wasn't an issue at all... I am just laughing at myself

thanks in advance

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.98
Hardware
Gameroom Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-triple-action-advance-bonus-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.