• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Triple Action 1000 pt relay (resized).jpg
IMG_8284 (resized).jpg

#1 3 years ago

Inspired by a recent post, I need help figuring out this ongoing double-bonus problem. This was working correctly, but started malfunctioning in the middle of a game.

Schematic snip below.

At ball drain:

Normal bonus works correctly.
Double bonus generates irregular 1000 pt relay action.
Triple bonus works correctly.

The double and triple bonus relays appear to be working correctly, lighting up the correct indicators and producing a nice snap. I've cleaned and adjusted the contacts.

Score motor issue, or am I missing something?

Thanks!

- Nick

IMG_8284 (resized).jpgIMG_8284 (resized).jpg
#2 3 years ago

I'm not sure what you mean by irregular action, but the Long Dwell 2-D Motor switch in the 1000 point circuit is used only by the double bonus and would be a good candidate to investigate.

/Mark

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from MarkG:

I'm not sure what you mean by irregular action, but the Long Dwell 2-D Motor switch in the 1000 point circuit is used only by the double bonus and would be a good candidate to investigate.
/Mark

Thanks, I still suck at reading schematics. That's the one motor cam switch that I didn't poke at.

How does the Long Dwell 2-D motor switch find its way to the 1000 pt relay? When the MB double relay switch is activated, so that both the Imp-D and Long Dwell 2-D both go through the bonus relay? Am I getting it? (Ding-Ding!, both literally and figuratively, 2-dings on double...)

#4 3 years ago

There are several paths that can fire the 1000 point relay. The paths for the single, double and triple bonus are highlighted here in order:
Triple Action 1000 pt relay (resized).jpgTriple Action 1000 pt relay (resized).jpg
In the middle/double bonus path the 2-D motor switch is the only switch used that isn't also used in the single or triple bonus paths. It's brought into play by the Make/Break switch on the Double Bonus relay as you mentioned. If the problem were elsewhere you'd likely see symptoms at times other than the double bonus.

#5 3 years ago

Bingo! Long Dwell 2-D Motor switch Needed cleaned and adjusted. Working like a charm.

Thanks a million!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 24.98
Hardware
Gameroom Mods
Hardware
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 1.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-triple-action-1974-bonus-problems-after-drain?hl=dgampguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.