(Topic ID: 198023)

Williams Travel Time score motor problem

By Vintage-Pinball

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Can anyone help me on this please? I have a Travel time that has been messed around with. The score motor cam switches have been unscrewed, presumably to be cleaned and gapped but then the job was abandoned, switch stacks left as distmantled and the machine offered to me. The guy who owned the machine has since died so I can't ask him obviously.

So, I have now pretty much figured out how the set of switches should sit on top of the mounting frame but the last two stacks, when viewing from the front of the machine can be screwed back on in two positions I.e so that the stacks can sit forward to the rest. Close examination of the screw holes suggest that its left the factory like that? Or, somebody used the bare holes by accident so that the fixing screws tapped their own thread in the frame ( some of the other stacks have untapped holes too) I suppose the frame was a duel purpose one to be used for various other machines and tapped accordingly but as these two could be set up in either position, then obviously the game isn't going to work.

Any thoughts or better still, an image of your motor set up? That would be great, thank you.

#3 6 years ago

Ok, many thanks.

#4 6 years ago

Do you have the schematic? Placement is noted there ("forward"). Usually that very last "Impulse" one is forward. Schematic also gives you the rundown on what each switch does.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from currieddog:

Do you have the schematic? Placement is noted there ("forward"). Usually that very last "Impulse" one is forward. Schematic also gives you the rundown on what each switch does.

I do, one was delivered yesterday in fact and I can now see how everything needs to be. I'm looking forward to getting this one running at long last

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-travel-time-score-motor-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.