Williams Travel Time, No Pops

By DropTarget

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Hi,

My Williams Travel Time pop bumpers have stopped working.

One of the coil wrappers looks burnt. I have not removed the coils (DC btw), but with them still soldered in place, the two that "look" good read 3.9Ω and 4.0Ω, the other reads 0.4. Does it make sense that one bad coil could cause the other two to not fire?

thx

#2 7 years ago

A shorted coil will blow the 10 amp fuse located next to the bridge rectifier on the bottom of the playfield. That fuse when blown will kill the power to all pop bumpers.

#3 7 years ago

Thanks,

....and indeed, the coil is fried. the plunger doesn't move. Now to find the bad switch.

Also, I noticed that the timer does not count down as it's supposed to, but f the ball goes to the start clock kicker between the flippers, the clock decreases when the ball kicks out. Doesn't sound related, but perhaps.

One issue at a time I guess.

This is what happens when you don't play the games on a regular basis.

-W

1 week later
#4 7 years ago

Unfortunately I'm not sure about the clock as that's a very game-specific issue (sounds like just a gummed up unit though, although it's possible that the computer components used in the timing circuit may have gone bad and need replaced), however with the pop bumpers, if you replace that coil and they still don't work make sure your bridge rectifier is good (AC -> DC), as a bad bridge rectifier would cause the issues you are seeing. The pop bumpers were the only thing that were DC, along with the flippers, and if I recall correctly both used separate bridge rectifiers.

#5 7 years ago

Thanks,

it was the fuse. Replaced it and the clock works, as well as the other two pops. Now, I need to replace the burnt coil. It's a G23-750-DC.

Do you know if it needs to be replaced with a "DC" coil? I don't see a resistor on it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 9.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-travel-time-no-pops and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.