Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 39 days ago by arolden
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 63 days ago

Hey guys, is it normal for my TP6 (50v) to be reading 68v? Seems a little high. Getting intermittent resets, but I believe it is just loose connectors.

Thanks in advance!

#2 63 days ago
Quoted from Occelot:

Hey guys, is it normal for my TP6 (50v) to be reading 68v? Seems a little high. Getting intermittent resets, but I believe it is just loose connectors.
Thanks in advance!

Unregulated DC voltages are often higher. Not unusual. My Taxi 50 VDC measured about 70 VDC. Is there a specific problem, or just suspect a poor connector?

#3 63 days ago

I don’t know really.. I’m going to go through the wiki reset guide sometime this week. Seems to happen after I move it.. but I have yet to find the connector. So I am leaning towards a cold solder joint

#4 63 days ago
Quoted from Occelot:

So I am leaning towards a cold solder joint

Why? there is no basis for this guess. A better guess would be a cracked solder joint, usually taking the boards out and examining the underside under magnification would reveal this. Have you narrowed this down with troubleshooting to a single board or subsystem? Your opening post talks about solenoid voltage, when really you need to be examining the logic supply voltage in detail - the main DC voltage that runs the CPU. This needs to be in spec and be clean at the MPU circuit, and is more likely to be related to reset problems.

Some good reading about those connectors:
http://www.pinrepair.com/connect/

#5 62 days ago

Cold, cracked, Tomato tomato, potato potato.

Cracked is what I meant. No, as I said I have not looked at anything yet, as I mentioned. I am planning on going through the WPC reset checklist later this week.

3 weeks later
#6 40 days ago

Hi guys.

Bumping this thread as I just looked at a Popeye where TP6 was reading 118v! Any ideas what would be causing it to be this high? Game appeared to play normally without issue.

#7 39 days ago
Quoted from arolden:

Hi guys.
Bumping this thread as I just looked at a Popeye where TP6 was reading 118v! Any ideas what would be causing it to be this high? Game appeared to play normally without issue.

If say you might me measuring it incorrectly. Proper ground? Proper meter setting? Meter defective?

#8 39 days ago
Quoted from wayout440:

If say you might me measuring it incorrectly. Proper ground? Proper meter setting? Meter defective?

I thought that too but I remeasured and got the same result. All other test points gave normal results, too.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
3,400 (Firm)
Sale Pending!
Albany, NY
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside