(Topic ID: 202007)

Williams Touchdown Thousands Don't Reset

By OneMajrPITA

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I'm working on a Williams Touchdown machine. When you start a new game, the ones, tens and hundreds wheels all return to zero. The thousands wheel will only return to zero if it is at nine when you start the game. Otherwise, it stays on whatever number it was at when the last game ended. I looked over the schematic and can't even find a reference to the 1000s wheel. All the other score wheels have three position switches, which are described in the manual. The switch positions change when the score wheel is at 0, 1 thru 8 and 9. The 1000s only has two position switches. 0 and 9. Thoughts?

#2 6 years ago
Quoted from OneMajrPITA:

The switch positions change when the score wheel is at 0, 1 thru 8 and 9. The 1000s only has two position switches. 0 and 9

It's one of those two switches on the 1000s score reel.

If you want me to show you where it is on the schematic, post to IPDB or email me a high quality scan from Staples ($2) or Kinkos ($7). The reason I insist on the high quality scan is that I've tried to help many times with phone pic schematics and every time they're blurry, incomplete or in multiple pieces which makes them too hard to read. Make it easy for us to help you!

#3 6 years ago

Thanks for the quick response. I only have the original hard copy of the schematic, which isn't easy to read either. I'm planning to take it in to Staples to get it digitized this week. I can send you a copy once I get it.

#4 6 years ago

The thousands reel won't have the 9th position switch. Look at another reel when it's reset and find the two switches that match those on the 1000s and adjust accordingly.

#5 6 years ago

Thanks currieddog and HowardR. I got the schematic blown up and found the 1000s reels. After looking at the differences in the 1000s wiring, I came to the same conclusion as currieddog. I adjusted the lower switch so that it was open at 0 and closed for all other numbers, instead of only at 9. Everything now seems to be working as it should.

As always, I appreciate the input.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-touchdown-thousands-dont-reset and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.