• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1E814A14-04F3-4821-9820-2DBD8A802EB8 (resized).jpeg
E57DDD08-E5E1-4A3B-B3BB-E9E97A6F5063 (resized).png
#1 4 years ago

I have a Williams Touchdown. I just picked it up from a place that should be on American Pickers. I get it home plug it in nothing. Put new fuses in it, boom, everything turns on. No granted I need to clean the mechanisms and regrease them and what not.

The problem I have, is that everything lights up all the mechs reset. But I can’t seem to get it to release the ball and start a game. The motor on the bottom just spins and the solenoid on the coin door clicks repeatedly. Can some one send me a schematic to look over, and/or tell me what to check and what not! Much appreciated!!

1E814A14-04F3-4821-9820-2DBD8A802EB8 (resized).jpeg1E814A14-04F3-4821-9820-2DBD8A802EB8 (resized).jpegE57DDD08-E5E1-4A3B-B3BB-E9E97A6F5063 (resized).pngE57DDD08-E5E1-4A3B-B3BB-E9E97A6F5063 (resized).png
#2 4 years ago

To continue the start sequence, all score reels need to be at zero. Your 1000 point relay is not resetting the “1000’s” reel.

Do not grease anything! That will compound your problems now and forever.

#3 4 years ago

Ok I have gotten everything to reset to zero (manually for now until I clean them).

After doing so the game started as it’s supposed to. The right flipper sticks. But the 10 spot on the “score reel” has an extremely terrible buzzing sound.

Why are my next steps for the buzzing. I know i need to clean the mechs and fix the flipper... but the buzzing!!! Haha

#4 4 years ago

sounds like the score reels need a good cleaning. the buzzing is likely one of the score solenoids not seeing the zero position.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-touchdown-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.