(Topic ID: 175136)

Williams test rom system 11

By Andre_in_NL

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20161204_171253 (resized).jpg
    20161204_171721 (resized).jpg

#1 7 years ago

Hi all,

Maybe to anyone of use.

A link to the testrom I created for system 11 Williams boards.

The system 11 test rom is similar to the one I created for system 3-7 mpu's in 1999.

The testrom for system 11 can be used to debug non working boards. It checks RAM and all PIA's and pia outputs.

use with care I am not responsible if you blow anything using this rom

Binary file + manual can be found at:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B9oCRf0i-29FZG9TV0t4aERuMjQ

Bye,

Andre Boot

20161204_171721 (resized).jpg20161204_171721 (resized).jpg

20161204_171253 (resized).jpg20161204_171253 (resized).jpg

#2 7 years ago

Great! Thank you!

I have a System 11 board that has been frustrating, hopefully this will help.

#3 7 years ago

Looking forward to trying this out

#4 7 years ago

Andre, looks great, thanks. I think there's a typo: in the introduction, you say to remove jumper W7, then in the installation instructions you say to remove W9.

#5 7 years ago

So question for the experts on the jumpers. Is there a trick or best practice for pulling W7? I would heat one leg and pull it up. Is this the best way? I assume I need to put it back when I'm done.

1 week later
    #6 7 years ago

Hi John,

Thanks for pointing to the jumper typo.
    It is jumper W7. ( connected to PA7 PIA U51.

Reason: Since the code is derived from my sys7 test rom and the system 7 board uses PA7 as an output.
    I havent have time to check code 100% for not using PA7 as an output.

@Cheddar: heating one leg and pull it up from the board is a elegant sugestion. You could also cut the two legs and replace it when done with a new wire.

BTW the switch matrix testing is also present in the old system3-7 testrom v2 i wrote , but never got around to update the manual

Andre

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-test-rom-system-11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.