Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by monsonb
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

bondo-fiberglass-resin-20122_(resized).jpg
DSC03644_(resized).JPG
DSC03641_(resized).JPG

#1 3 years ago

The left flipper on my machine started dragging across the playfield tonight, so I checked underneath. The previous owner had installed a larger wood screw to hold the bushing tight, but it had come loose. The others weren't in much better shape, and I couldn't get them tight. I tried toothpicks, but that didn't help.

DSC03641_(resized).JPG

I'm thinking I'll just rotate the bushing to solid wood and drill new holes. It will throw off the return spring tension between the two flippers slightly , but I can live with that.

DSC03644_(resized).JPG

Does this make sense, or does someone have a better solution?

Thanks for any input.

#2 3 years ago

Clean it right out and use plastibond. It can be drilled and screwed just like wood and is very, very strong.
I hope you can get this in U S of A

#3 3 years ago

Can't get plastibond around here, so I rotated the bushing, drilled new holes, and installed new screws.
Seems to have solved the problem.

#4 3 years ago

If it's fixed to your liking and works leave it. If not, I would suggest Bondo or Quick Wood putty. (I believe that's the name.) I've used it before p/Cliffys recommendation to fill in/around a kick out hole on Getaway and it worked great and easy to use.

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from Cash_Riprock:

I would suggest Bondo

BUT remember you want the FIBERGLASS Bondo, not the body filler stuff.

bondo-fiberglass-resin-20122_(resized).jpg

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from Cash_Riprock:

If it's fixed to your liking and works leave it. If not, I would suggest Bondo or Quick Wood putty.

Quoted from vid1900:

remember you want the FIBERGLASS Bondo, not the body filler stuff.

Where were you guys yesterday?
The left flipper seems to work fine now, and I don't notice a difference between the two flippers. If it starts to feel wrong, then I'll give your suggestions a try. I can always fill the new holes, too.
Thanks.

#8 3 years ago

I don't see a problem with the way you fixed it, in fact I thought it was a good idea.

The part works the same way no matter how you look at it, 360 degrees.

And when you encounter stripped out holes again... use something stronger than toothpicks.

I use popsicle sticks and they work fine, make sure to completely fill the hole.

A lot of people like to use bamboo skewers.

I'm sure they work fine too, might even be better due to their strong tensile strength.

#9 3 years ago

Your solution is just fine - should be able to play it 30 more years on that fix........or you can trade/sell it to me when you tire of it

I use toothpicks or bamboo skewers depending on the size of the hole I need to fill.

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballprowess:

I don't see a problem with the way you fixed it, in fact I thought it was a good idea.

Quoted from hoov:

Your solution is just fine - should be able to play it 30 more years on that fix........or you can trade/sell it to me when you tire of it

Cool! Thanks. I thought my idea was solid.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 229.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 3.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 400.00
Boards
Great American Pinball
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 19.95
$ 22.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 6.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside