Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Mikala
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

My Teacher's Pet pinball was stored in a dusty garage for several years. Prior to that, it belonged to a family with lots of kids, where the cabinet was lovingly painted chocolate brown so that it would match the rest of the furniture. If that weren't enough, I recently discovered that some handy individual applied a good coat of what could be black axle grease to some of the coil sleeves and moving stepper parts.

I started it up, and the play field and the head both lit up. Pressing the button on the front activated the score reel reset relay and a pinball would be served up. The playfield seemed to want to work, but the score reels seemed sticky, the credit and ball count units never moved. After disassembling and cleaning the four score reels, credit and ball count units at first I wasn't able to get anything to work. With some fiddling around on the credit unit, I'm now able to get the game to light up, but it doesn't reset, which means I'm worse off than when I started.

I have the original schematic, which is difficult for me to understand and I've also been consulting pinside.com, which is full of good information and advice. I feel like I've reached a point where I'm stuck now. So what next? I'd greatly appreciate some pointers, ideas, etc here. I'm fairly new to pinball machines and have learned a lot so far, but not enough to figure this out on my own. Thanks for reading, I look forward to hearing back from you guys.

#2 5 years ago

Can you get the schematic scanned at Staples ($2; save as a pdf), and post it here?

Til then, there is a ton of relevant info here, inc. how to read a schematic: http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index1

#3 5 years ago

On this era of Williams, a closed replay button switch would send power to a coin unit relay. This coin unit relay would close a switch that would send power to the reset relay. You can manually push in the reset relay to see if it will start a game. If it does, then you'll know there is a problem with a switch in the start circuit - replay button switch, credit/replay unit switch, lock relay switch...

#4 5 years ago

Most likely, you are going to have to restore and fully clean a machine of this era in order to have it work 100%. Get ready to get your hands dirty and understand schematics.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-teacher-s-pet-lights-up-but-won-t-reset?hl=currieddog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.