Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230428_115909 (resized).jpg
20230428_114127 (resized).jpg
20230428_113412 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
#1 12 months ago

The jackpot display and the traffic light alignment appears to be slightly (1/4") left of the window and art respectively. I put the front glass as far left as it would go and it didn't have much movement or help, so I think I need to move the insert to the right. Is there a way to align or adjust that backbox insert? I went through the manual and searched the forums and the Googles but I am not finding anything.

Thank you in advance!

#2 12 months ago

The backbox lamp door itself is made to shift around with it's hinges and will help with alignment.

#3 12 months ago
Quoted from Seamlesswall:

The backbox lamp door itself is made to shift around with it's hinges and will help with alignment.

I think we are referring to the same thing. The backbox lamp door is referred to as the backbox insert in the manual (the white panel with the bulbs and the hinge on the left). I'm just not seeing where to make that adjustment with the hinges.

#4 12 months ago
Quoted from WalrusPin:

I think we are referring to the same thing. The backbox lamp door is referred to as the backbox insert in the manual (the white panel with the bulbs and the hinge on the left). I'm just not seeing where to make that adjustment with the hinges.

You will want to remove the hex head screws and loosen the carriage bolt nylock nuts. The holes are usually big enough that you can move it left/right and around. If you don't have enough movement, you can drill out those holes more after removing the hinges. I'll see if I can find you a picture...

#5 12 months ago

Hopefully the pics and explanation make sense.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#6 12 months ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Hopefully the pics and explanation make sense.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you so much for the pics - I'll give it a try!

#7 12 months ago

Not to make it more confusing but the brackets are slotted at the hinge side too so you can move the panel fore and aft. But doesn’t sound like you need that. And you can also adjust the catch side…

#8 12 months ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Not to make it more confusing but the brackets are slotted at the hinge side too so you can move the panel fore and aft. But doesn’t sound like you need that. And you can also adjust the catch side…

Even all the way over it still seems misaligned

20230428_113412 (resized).jpg20230428_113412 (resized).jpg
#9 12 months ago

Does this shim look correct? Two washers and a nut?

20230428_114127 (resized).jpg20230428_114127 (resized).jpg
#10 12 months ago

Ok, I finally got it. Had to remove the bracket lock screws on the right side too and set them further back. Thank you again for all of the help!

20230428_115909 (resized).jpg20230428_115909 (resized).jpg
#11 12 months ago

You may want to take the whole light board out and drill open the holes so you can get more left movement.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 22.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 99.00
Cabinet Parts
Gizmorama Pinball

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 109.00
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-taxi-insert-board-alignment and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.