10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by GizzArd
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

Do power supply fuses supposed to get so hot they burn to the touch? I have a power board for my jungle loard that when I connect the connector for my playfield gi s the fuse and board around that are at gets extremely hot. Is that normal?

#2 10 years ago

Doesn't sound normal.

Are they the correct amperage fuses ?

LTG : )

#3 10 years ago

Not normal. Fuses work by burning themselves out. If yours are getting hot, that means they're not-quite-failing. Or worse, the fuse itself is over rated for the position its in and not protecting you. Did you check its amperage rating?

Also, if you have a crappy fuse holder, resistance can develop between the fuse and the fuse holder, which manifests as heat.

#4 10 years ago

The GI section on system 7 power supply boards tends to fry very easily, some of Williams worst engineering work of the era. I still haven't come up with a solution I like for dealing with it all, but updating the input side to the system 11 style connector seems to be the best available solution.

#5 10 years ago

I put a new 20 amp fuse which is what it called for. I have a feeling the new connector that was put on is wired wrong because then it was not connected there is no heat. Also when I bought it it had a new connector put on. Also I have a random red and white wire with a spade plug which I don't seem to know where it goes

#6 10 years ago

the red and white wire is to the ground lug its for the magnets. attaches to the ground lug on the back box.

hard to believe someone could wire a connector wrong take a photo

also recommend reading this
    http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/1338/Williams_1981_Jungle_Lord_Manual.pdf

#7 10 years ago

Well the power supply board stopped working. Now it constantly burns up fuses. There is no solder left connecting on side of the fuse to the board. Should I just get a new board?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-system-seven-power-board-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.