You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7073.JPG
IMG_7075.JPG
IMG_7068.JPG
#1 9 years ago

I have a System 9 board I'm selling for parts along with the audio board that connects to it.

It is hacked to death! This came from a Barry machine (in case you are wondering how it was hacked to death). I could not get it to post anything other than 7 on the display. There are a number of jumpers that I had added as I buzzed things out, as well as sockets. I pretty much traced out the entire thing and replaced every logic IC, CPU, PIAs, RAM, you name it, no luck. There are a number of bad traces all over it, and some of the sockets now need replacing from constantly pulling and checking the ICs. It is missing the relay as well. It is in really rough shape. It had battery acid damage.

The audio breakout board looks like it is okay though, and has the Comet roms on it still. Make offers, good for some parts maybe, or if you are really nuts and think you want to spend the time to try to get it to boot. I'll add some photos of the extensive damage later today and some of the repair attempts I made. This is one of those deals where I'll never get around to repairing it, but I don't wanna toss it either. If someone wants to offer me like $50 for the whole thing shipped, that would be fine.

Post edited by thedefog: Whoops, typo on price - meant $50

#2 9 years ago

PM sent!

#3 9 years ago

Ready for the worst SYS9 MPU you've ever seen?

Count the jumpers! 8 on top, 11 on bottom. Those were done by myself as a quick means of trying to get some continuity going. Sockets were done myself as well, minus a few of them. I usually do fairly clean work and tidy up stuff up like jumpers once it is working properly. In this case, I had already spent way too much time on it so I got sloppy... VERY sloppy. Then I gave up.

#4 9 years ago

IMG_7068.JPGIMG_7068.JPG
IMG_7075.JPGIMG_7075.JPG
IMG_7073.JPGIMG_7073.JPG

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-system-9-sys9-mpu-sound-board-for-parts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.