8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Otaku
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Otaku.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Hi all, I have a set of original score displays (emphasis on "score": match/credit/ball in play display works fine, looks amazing) that don't work. Somebody on here suggested somewhere to me that operators swapped in dying displays all into one game to save money which I figured is what happened, however now I noticed all of the serials match so this is not the case. If one is going bad, does it burn out the rest of the tubes? I feel like I've heard that before. If not, is this even likely at all? Probably going to try and borrow one to make sure it's not a boardset issue but I'm curious of what caused this.

#3 8 years ago
Quoted from Cycloneman:

displays get old and wear out,if one display is going bad it will not affect the other displays...

Hmm, okay, but I've been told something along those lines by a reputable dealer (although apparently it wasn't burning out just "bad"), and I swear I heard it elsewhere on here.

Even if you're right, I wonder (even more) why they're all dead.

#6 8 years ago

Update: Tested them all in a known working machine elsewhere and each did nothing, same behavior as on my machine. No glow either, I don't think.

Could it be cold solder joints? They look kind of gnarly. Surprised they'd ALL burn out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Otaku.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-system-9-display-question?tu=Otaku and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.