Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by moogrum
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

I've replaced all my caps (except the big one), and the bridge rectifier. It's still resetting. I have a replacement for the power transistor, Q5, but It's stubborn to get off. How do I get it off?

#2 8 years ago

You really should replace that big cap if the 5v is low.

The 2n6087 should be pretty easy to desolder. Don't forget the 2 screws.

1 week later
#3 8 years ago
Quoted from johnwartjr:

You really should replace that big cap if the 5v is low.
The 2n6087 should be pretty easy to desolder. Don't forget the 2 screws.

Is it connected to the heat sink via solder? I couldn't tell what the material was.

#4 8 years ago

No, there may be some thermal grease to help with heat transfer. But that won't dry hard like glue or anything.

2 months later
#5 8 years ago

Resurrecting this thread. I replaced the rectifier and mounted it on a nice glob of thermal goop and it was performing great, until one day I turned it on and the GI didn't turn on. Open up the backglass to see one of my ground wires had burnt up (the molex, actually). I patched it up with some 12 gauge residential wire and now it's resetting again in the middle of games.

I replaced the backglass bulbs with LEDs, figuring that would decrease the power draw coming back through the grounds, still resets.

At this point I'm thinking I should replace the big blue and those rectifiers screwed to the cabinet. Big blues cost a little bit, so I'm seeing if this could possibly symptomatic of anything else before I take the plunge. Thoughts?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Tools
Pincoder Store

1,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Langhorne, PA
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-system-7-jungle-lord-power-supply and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.