Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by pjflyer
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frunch.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 2 years ago

I don't know these boards well enough to suggest particular instructions, so hopefully this bump will get you a response from someone a bit more knowledgeable.

Best suggestion I have: double-check all the work you did. There's lots of room for error when replacing that many sockets etc.

Also, you may be aware of this--but remember the game will boot into audit mode any time the batteries (or ram) have been replaced. The game needs to be turned on/off/on in rapid succession **with the coin door open** to boot past audit mode (which shouldn't happen again until batteries or ram are replaced)...

Hope that helps!

#4 2 years ago

Good luck! I know it can be like finding a needle in a haystack, trying to find a problem like this. I remember when I ran into a non-booting mpu I was working on, I had to pore over the schematics many many times and it took quite a while before I finally discovered to trace that had gotten broken in the process. Go figure--it was under on the sockets I had replaced...

Stick with it--you'll get there!!

1 week later
    #13 2 years ago
    Quoted from frunch:

Go figure--it was under on the sockets I had replaced..

Well I didn't expect to diagnose it, but I guess I sort of did?!?

Good job tracking down the culprit!

#15 2 years ago

It's tricky work at times, for sure! Really shows how important proper troubleshooting skills are.

It's always satisfying to put a problem like that to rest, though! Well done!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frunch.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-system-7-cpu-not-booting?tu=frunch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.