Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by gtown
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Just noticed the cone on my project firepower speaker has perished. Do I need to use a direct replacement or can I use a car type one? If so what kind and specs does it need to be?

Rudi

#2 10 years ago

I used this speaker in a Firepower and it works well. Some people like this speaker better than another machine with the stock speaker. http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/5555-13961-00

If you don't want to order one from the states, you can find one with similar specifications. When I got my the machine I used this speaker in, it had a small speaker pulled from a radio or something so I suspect almost any speaker you have laying around will do in a pinch.

#3 10 years ago

Just make sure you match the resistance of the original (8 ohm I think). If not you'll need to add a resistor. Check around the forum for a discussion if you go that route. Size match is useful of course so it matches the screw holes and the hole in the cabinet.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

2,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hawesville, KY
$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff

Tools
Pincoder Store

1,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Benton, PA
600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Casper, WY
2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Branford, CT
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-system-6-speaker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.