7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Schwaggs
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider owenkhan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 6 years ago

Schwaggs New record! You're half way to solving my problem a year before I even owned the machine. I'm having a similar problem with my new FirePower...

Test switch produces sounds (no speech) but there is no sound in game at all.

Sound Board J3 pins are all high (no pulsing). Does that mean that the sound commands are not reaching the sound board?

Assuming so: IC5 on the Driver Board tests LOW across the address bus (pins2-9 and 10-17). Should they be pulsing? The data bus still pulses... This is where sound commands come from right? (not sure on this...)

The other two ICs on the driver board(IC10 and IC11) are mostly pulsing on the Address Bus, but there are a few legs stuck high or low. Do I need to check those for bad resistors or diodes?

#5 6 years ago

Another friend told me the SOL PIA address bus should stay low until triggered... so maybe thats not my issue. Still not sure about the other Address bus legs on the other Driver Board PIAs though...

#6 6 years ago

Did some more testing: sound commands are in fact getting to the board just fine. checked some ICs on the sound board, replaced the PIA (that was not the problem).

I found that if I unplug the speech board I can get the faintest sounds to play (barely audible) and another guy helping me out says the AMP isn't in line if you take out the speech board, so that kinda makes sense... thinking maybe there is a problem on the speech board now?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

3,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider owenkhan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-system-6-no-sound-in-game?tu=owenkhan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.