(Topic ID: 210653)

Williams system 6 no coils work

By Michaelxwhite

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Michaelxwhite.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Hello, I have a time warp and the darn thing will go into attract, take credits, but when I go to start a game no coils work and the background sound goes away. All switches will register points correctly. None of the coils work. It's as if none of them are getting power. I purchased a rebuilt driver from a pinside member here a few months back and just got a rebuilt mpu that passes all of the led flash tests. Any help is greatly appreciated. And yes, the 40 pin has been replaced and redone on both Mpu and driver. Anywhere I should be checking first BECIDES FUSES, as that has already been done.

#4 6 years ago

All plugs are where they should be. No voltage at coils.

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from zacaj:

Voltage at Power supply board 3J3 pins 6-8? At F2? At orange wire on bridge rectifier below the power supply?

I will check on Sunday, should be good, it's a brand new alltek power supply. But, you never know. Since it's all coils except flippers it can only be a couple things: connections, or main power supply. I don't think it's mpu related, as it passed the led flash tests.

#9 6 years ago

Update: it was the gulf pinball power supply I purchased off the bay. J3 was getting no power; 10 amp fuse good, but no power going through fuse. Brand New power supply with an issue. I messaged the seller on eBay. We'll see what he says. Put in the original power supply and game functions perfectly.

#10 6 years ago
    Quoted from StratDoc:

Is the 2.5 amp fuse on the power supply board blowing?
    Sorry, I just saw where you said you checked the fuses. Yes, check to see that you are getting power for the coils from the power supply.

Talked to eBay seller and he noted that pin 9 on j3 is not powered on his gulf pinball power supply board for williams system 3-6 and I will have to run a jumper from either pin 3 or 6 on j3 to solve the problem. System 7-11 do not utilize power from pin 9 on j3 apparently.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Michaelxwhite.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-system-6-no-coils-work?tu=Michaelxwhite and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.