Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Arcade
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Got a Williams system 6 Laserball that has some coil issues.
The game boots up just fine and goes into attract mode.
Credits go on just fine and the game starts and serves up a ball to the shooter lane.
Most switches work and score and flippers flip just fine.
However most of the coils do not fire at all.
No pop bumpers, drop target resets, out hole plungers do not work and slings do not sling.
I have tried grounding the TIP's on the board and can get only three of them to fire. one fires the left ball saver coil, one fires the ball eject to shooter lane coil and one fires the left sling shot. All other TIP's do nothing when grounded.
The left Sling firing puzzles me a bit because while it fires when grounded, it will not fire when the switches are hit during a game.
Any ideas are much appreciated.

#2 9 years ago

Do all the coils have voltage?

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Do all the coils have voltage?

Maybe not. I am not near the machine at the moment, but I remember now, that when we first got it there was a pop bumper coil that was locking on. It was not from the switch being stuck closed so we just cut the wires to that coil so we could get everything else up and working.
We still have not replaced the coil as I do not have a new one yet.
I am guessing that by cutting that coil out of the the loop we may have disabled all the other ones as well?

#4 9 years ago

Quite possibly.

They are Daisey chained together.

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Quite possibly.
They are Daisey chained together.

That was the problem. Thanks for the clue with "Are they getting voltage" question.
I did not realize all the coils in this type of game were daisy chained.
As soon as I replaced the melted coil with an old used one I found out in storage the game was up and running.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-system-6-laserball-coil-issues and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.