(Topic ID: 82195)

Williams system 6 laser ball issues

By southofi-10

10 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

I got a Williams laser ball system 6 that has a few issues.I'll start by telling you what I have done.
I installed new interconnect system,changed all caps on power supply,and have redone a few of the bad connectors.
The problem starts when I use the flippers.The game will shut down..Now,when I reboot the game,it comes up just for a few seconds-displays work,etc...then it goes down.meaning,it"s not in game over mode anymore.It's like a blow fuse,but not..So now,I can't even get it to boot in game over mode.
I'm thinking this is a connector problem.I've had these games before and it seems like there are alot of connector issues,mainly with the interconnect.
My question is,where to I start from here.What connector(s) should a person first look at for this problem?
Thanks

#2 10 years ago

Are you handy with a DMM?

Check the +5v on the MPU. See what it reads. Low voltage could cause resets.

Missing/broken/open diode on flipper coil could cause resets.

Crappy scanbe sockets could cause reset when vibration

See same above about the mpu/driver interconnect.

#3 10 years ago

Thanks.Yes,I can use a volt meter.
First thing is to change the bad diode on the flippers.
Then I'll start doing a voltage check.
This mnachine has always had random problems.Probably a connector issue somewhere.
I redid all the ground connectors (which had some faults)

#4 10 years ago

Ok. I had one of the plugs in wrong.Thankful for flashlights.
Changed the flipper diodes,changed the caps on the power supplier and not a glitch.
Woo Hoo
Thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-system-6-laser-ball-issues and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.