(Topic ID: 51248)

Williams System 6 Fused Bridge Mod. Did I do this right?

By dtown

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by viperrwk
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
image.jpg

#1 6 years ago

Working on a Firepower. Has not been turned on yet. I added a 4 amp slow blow to each bridge per Mark's Pinball Page repair guide and just wanted to make sure I did it right. One A/C lead from the transformer in and a new wire added out to the bridge.

I also replaced all four filter caps on the power supply and the two larger diodes next to the largest filter. Single zip tie aside does it look right? Please check out the photos and let me know.

image.jpg image.jpg

#2 6 years ago

Looks ok to me. Only other thing I would have done was solder the wires directly to the bridge. When I got my FP the connectors on the bridge would arc when I turned on the machine as those connectors were shot. Worked much better when the wires were soldered directly.

viperrwk

#3 6 years ago

Oh - disconnect all the connectors except the two rectangular ones in the middle, turn it on and check your voltages per the schematics on the firepowerpinball.com website. If all are good, plug the connectors back in, turn it on and go!

viperrwk

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 22.00
$ 17.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 14.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 14.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 399.95
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Siegecraft Electronics
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 9.95
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside