New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 277291)

Williams System 6 Free Play??

By Matthew2000tx

11 days ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 days ago by Tuukka
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 11 days ago

So my brother in law just got a Firepower today. It seems to be working great. When I inspected it for him before purchase it wasn’t on free play. Not a big deal it’s usually as it’s most likely that someone didn’t know about setting menu 18 To zero. Some people don’t know how to do that so a deal was made and I loaded it up.

When we got it set up at his house we went through the menu system and set 18 (maximum credits to 00) then power cycled machine and hit credit button and it didn’t work to start the game.

So we did a factory reset on the board and tried again. Still no dice.
It’s got NVRAM installed. Not sure that would effect it.

We tried again... no dice then back into menu 18 set max credits back to 20 and then operate the coin mech Switch it hit start and it works!

We are puzzled why it’s not allowing us to set it to free play. We own two other System 6’s and they work on free play (blackout and gorgar).

I’m stretching my head as to why this isn’t working... any ideas??

#2 11 days ago

Be sure the memory protect switch at the coin door is working correctly.
Otherwise the setting won't retain in memory.

#3 11 days ago

Yes, check the memory protect switch and connector. If they are OK, try first putting some credits on the machine via coin switch, and then set the function 18 to zero. And remember you have to advance to next function before turning power off, otherwise the setting is not saved.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Other
Siegecraft Electronics
$ 11.00
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
1,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside