(Topic ID: 179918)

Williams system 6-11 start button led mod?

By Antennaejim

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2943 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2941 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2940 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2936 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2935 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2909 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2912 (resized).JPG
    IMG_20161123_181435 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dzorbas.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 7 years ago

Hey, that's my game! What would you like to know? It really wasn't very hard to do. Multi-coloured LED, socket, clear flipper button, a piece of clear tubing, a washer and a couple of wires connected to one of the lights on the coin door. You don't have to drill out any holes or anything like that so you can always go back to the the ugly original button if you like. The tube and the washer are used to take up some space so the C-clip from the original button stays in place. I believe I used the original start button spring.

I think I got the button from Pinball Life - http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3332. I used the same buttons for the flipper buttons and lit them up as well.

You separate the button piece from the outside holder and use the button piece only. It fits the Williams hole perfectly.

This is what it looks like from the inside:

IMG_20161123_181435 (resized).jpgIMG_20161123_181435 (resized).jpg

Total cost was less than $10. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Dino Z.

1 week later
    #9 7 years ago

Looks good!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dzorbas.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-system-6-11-start-button-led-mod?tu=dzorbas and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.