3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by G-P-E
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

I have a system 4 board (from a Disco Fever), the MC 6875 clock chip had corroded legs. This clock chip is unobtanium.

I've read that Williams stopped using this chip when they went to the 6802/6808 CPU chips as the clock chip was built in to the newer CPU.

So can I replace the CPU chip (currently a 6800), with a 6802 or 6808 and be good to go?

#2 3 years ago

No, 6802/6808 are not pin compatible with 6800.

#4 3 years ago
    #5 3 years ago

Ah ok, but thanks for the sources. Not cheap but...

#6 3 years ago

Watch for counterfeit products. I believe @GPE has discussed this.

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

Watch for counterfeit products. I believe @GPE has discussed this.

Good point. Restorpinball are a respected source for parts in France who I have used many times without issue. (No connection with them).

#8 3 years ago

6875 clock generators are also available here at a reasonable price:
    https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/products.asp?cat=39

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-system-4-mc6875-replacement?hl=tuukka and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.