5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by HD_Fatboy
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

Hi Everyone,

Just wondering if anyone out there experienced this weird issue????????????????

Wen playfield is where it is supposed to be (down) the machine tilts when shooting ball into shooting lane on every ball except ball one.

If I raise the playfield at the lock bar mechanism as much as a 1/16" the game does not tilt.

I looked at all three tilt switches they seem good.
    I see nothing that could be shorting against anything between the underside of the playfield or inside the cabinet.

Thanks in Advance!

#2 5 years ago

On ball one, take the ball from the shooter lane and put it back into the drain activating the outhole switch... does it now tilt on ball one? (Don't score any points)

#3 5 years ago
    Quoted from slochar:

On ball one, take the ball from the shooter lane and put it back into the drain activating the outhole switch... does it now tilt on ball one? (Don't score any points)

I am still at work, I will reply back here when I do this test.

#4 5 years ago

I had a HSII that did this once. A switch leg was touching the metal habitrail. When the PF was lowered, the habitrail would graze against the hinge bolt in the cabinet which was grounded, essentially grounding the switch through metal to metal contact...the habitrail acted as a big conduit.

So, I would be looking at anything metal on the sides of the PF that could be touching a cabinet bolt that's also grounded. Then start looking for switches that are possibly touching the metal.

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from slochar:

Ball one does not tilt when I tried this test

Quoted from robertmee:

I had a HSII that did this once. A switch leg was touching the metal habitrail. When the PF was lowered, the habitrail would graze against the hinge bolt in the cabinet which was grounded, essentially grounding the switch through metal to metal contact...the habitrail acted as a big conduit.
    So, I would be looking at anything metal on the sides of the PF that could be touching a cabinet bolt that's also grounded. Then start looking for switches that are possibly touching the metal.

I can't find anything on the sides of the play field coming into contact with anything metal in the cab. In fact there is nothing metal that I can see above the wooden playfield rails the playfield rests on.

#6 5 years ago

The only thing metal above the wooden playfield rails is two brackets of some kind under the back box. I covered them with black electrical tape and played two games with no tilting. These don't seem to go to ground so I am confused but if it keeps working than so be it.

#7 5 years ago

Lift the PF, then put the game in switch test.
    Then lower the PF and see which switch number shows when it tilts.

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from Timerider:

Lift the PF, then put the game in switch test.
    Then lower the PF and see which switch number shows when it tilts.

I did this test before I posted and it didn't show any switch number

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-system-4-keeps-tilting-when-playfield-is-all-the-way-down?hl=hd_fatboy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.