Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Untitled (resized).png
Untitled (resized).png
20180822_072342 (resized).jpg
20180822_072321 (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

I recently picked up a non-working Williams Pokerino machine in pretty decent shape with the exception of the backglass, and have determined the issue with the game is the MPU/Driver boards.

I have a working set of boards out of my Blackout (System 6), which I understand by researching it are compatible with System 4 machines, having to only change out the Flipper and Game ROM's.

The ROM's on my System 4 board are not marked, and the only information I can find says they are located at IC20, IC17, and IC14, however, on my board, IC14 (far right in the pictures) has no chip in it, and even the layout diagram for the board says "NOT USED"

Can someone please tell me which chip is my Flipper ROM 1, which one is Flipper ROM 2, and which one is my Game ROM so I can get them transferred over to the other board correctly?

20180822_072321 (resized).jpg20180822_072321 (resized).jpg20180822_072342 (resized).jpg20180822_072342 (resized).jpg

#2 5 years ago

Since you have a board with the extra ROM IC socket under the battery holder I'd call it a system four board. See the Disco Fever schematics on IPDB.

IC14 is for a 16K (2716) sized GAME ROM
IC17 16K (2716 EPROM works) Flipper ROM 2
IC20 16K (2716) Flipper ROM 1

The other three ROMs are for smaller masked GAME ROMs splt into separate 4/8K, or whatever size they are, and generally not be used when refitting new ROMs. They get eaten up by the battery more often and it is a lot easier to use (replace) three ROM chips instead of five. When IC14 is used IC21, 22, and 26 are not used.
Untitled (resized).pngUntitled (resized).png
Untitled (resized).pngUntitled (resized).png

#3 5 years ago

If you don't want to get a new combo rom for IC14, you can still use the three PROMs in the system 6 board. The numbers of the ICs are the same on both. Top one on the system 4 board goes on the top-left of the system 6 board, the one below it goes in the top middle, and the one to the right of that goes on the top right.

#4 5 years ago

Thanks!!

I'll get them transferred over and hopefully have a working Pokerino!

#5 5 years ago

Worked!
Pokerino is alive!
Thank you again barakandl and zacaj!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

1,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Myers, FL
Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 130.00
Electronics
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-system-4-flipper-and-game-rom-help- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.