Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by Lets
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

WCprogramming (resized).jpg
2859 (resized).jpg
2861 (resized).jpg

#1 12 days ago

I am trying to help a friend adjust the settings on a Williams World Cup. They must have had some great drugs in the 70s!

Near as I can figure you press a button, change 2 banks of switches to encoded values and then press another button. Simple as pie right?

I'd like to validate a setting to make sure I have it right: Set Setting 01 "Replay 1" to 100000.

The number entered for function 01 is multiplied by 10k to set the replay value so I should set this data to 10.

Here are my instructions:
Press the "Diagnostic" bottom button

Set the "Data" top bank to "10" from Chart 2

Set the "Function" bottom bank to 1 from Chart 1

Press the "Enter" top button
LEDs should blink

Is this correct?

2859 (resized).jpg2861 (resized).jpg
#2 12 days ago

HOT DAMN! I've been updated to friend Ok, so here's where I set everything (see picture).

Powered on game.
Pushed bottom button, "Diagnostic"
Set FUNCTION dip switches to #8 on, all other off (chart 1 indicates this for function 01, Replay 1)
Set DATA dips as per Chart 2, 10 (4 on, all other off)
Push DATA button...

LED's on MPU flash indicating the data was saved....but, it's still not set on a FREE game at 100,000 points.

WCprogramming (resized).jpg
#3 12 days ago

Setting 6 sets the replay award. It can be:
08 Match On-Credit
09 Match On-Extra Ball
12 Match Off-Credit
13 Match Off-Extra Ball

so try setting

Bottom

#4 12 days ago

"Match On"....isn't that referring to the Match feature at the end of a game? MATCHING the last 2 numbers of your score to some random number generated?

#5 12 days ago
Quoted from Lets:

"Match On"....isn't that referring to the Match feature at the end of a game? MATCHING the last 2 numbers of your score to some random number generated?

I am not sure but I think 08 sets the match on AND sets credit for a replay score. I think this is correct because a match would never give you an extra ball.

#6 12 days ago

What happens with the leds when you press diagnostic button the first time? The self test needs to pass before you can enter data. Have you verified the data in test 4 after setting it?

#7 12 days ago
Quoted from zacaj:

What happens with the leds when you press diagnostic button the first time? The self test needs to pass before you can enter data. Have you verified the data in test 4 after setting it?

this seems like a vital clue. So you can verify the values in test 04 like later MPU versions you just can't set them that way?

#8 12 days ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

So you can verify the values in test 04 like later MPU versions you just can't set them that way?

That's what the manual says. It's been a while since I had stock software in my system 3 hot tip so I can't remember precisely, just that it was a giant pain

#9 12 days ago
Quoted from zacaj:

That's what the manual says. It's been a while since I had stock software in my system 3 hot tip so I can't remember precisely, just that it was a giant pain

The manual on IPDB does not contain this information

#10 12 days ago

"What happens with the leds when you press diagnostic button the first time?"

The 2 LED's on the board flash twice, very quickly.

"Have you verified the data in test 4 after setting it? "
No clue on how to do this

#11 12 days ago
Quoted from zacaj:

#12 12 days ago
Quoted from Lets:

Refer to the hot tip manual, I think it should work the same

#13 12 days ago

Ok, I might be making progress I'm seem to be able to set everything....EXCEPT I can't set the Play Adjustment (this setting includes the number of balls per game....#18), For some reason, the setting I put in doesn't "stick". And when I push the LOAD DATA button the LED's kind of "twinkle", rather than the quick flash they do for the other setting.

TEST 04 show it to be set at 13, and I've been trying to set it to 05

Going to try replacing IC 19 (with NVRAM) and see if that fixes it.

#14 7 days ago

NVRAM seems to have fixed the problem...that, and going through the correct programming procedure

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 104.00
$ 15.00
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 78.00
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 9.95
$ 20.00
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside