Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 24 days ago by tait316
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 28 days ago

So recently I got my boards back for my Williams Lucky 7. I had a party and the game was working fine. About 2 and a half hours in one of my friends told me that something was wrong. Long story short, the F2 2.5 fuse on the power board blows. I know this has something to do with the solenoids but even after it blows both flippers still work. The coils to the drop targets, ball kickout, and bumpers are all inactive. I had read that it could be a bad diode that's tripping it. Strangely enough a while back I pulled all the connections to the power supply and put in a new fuse. One by one I plugged in a connector and turned it on. I got through all of them without it blowing at startup, but after about 5 minutes it blew again. I've literately had this table in my house a year and have only gotten to play it for 20 minutes. If anyone has suggestions I'd gladly take them. Thanks in advance.

#2 28 days ago

If you look on page 19 of your manual you'll see a description of the solenoid test. Try replacing the fuse then going through the test. See if one of the solenoids blows the fuse. If it does, investigate that solenoid further. Page 28 has a chart with information to help identify them.

#3 28 days ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

If you look on page 19 of your manual you'll see a description of the solenoid test. Try replacing the fuse then going through the test. See if one of the solenoids blows the fuse. If it does, investigate that solenoid further. Page 28 has a chart with information to help identify them.

That is good advice sir. The only problem is that I have to have the machine on to do the test, and the second I power on it blows the fuse. Is it safe to power on...switch to test...and then put the fuse in?

#4 27 days ago
Quoted from tait316:

Is it safe to power on...switch to test...and then put the fuse in

NO! Start checking coils with the power off. You'll probably have to disconnect them. Use the chart at flippers.com to see what the resistance is supposed to be. If you find one that is nearly zero it's likely bad.

#5 27 days ago

NO! Start checking coils with the power off. You'll probably have to disconnect them. Use the chart at flippers.com to see what the resistance is supposed to be. If you find one that is nearly zero it's likely bad.

Ok...yeah I can do this. Got to get a new multimeter...now when you say disconnect, do you mean the coils from the wiring or just the diodes....I do appreciate the help. I really do want to learn.

#6 26 days ago

Pinwiki has you covered! http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=General#Testing_a_coil
We all started somewhere my friend. Be careful, ask questions when you get stuck.
Lots of NY pinheads around forceflow zacaj ronss Maybe one of them knows someone close by that can show you the basics.
Coil resistance chart: https://www.flippers.com/coil-resistance.html

#7 24 days ago

Pinwiki has you covered! http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=General#Testing_a_coil
We all started somewhere my friend. Be careful, ask questions when you get stuck.
Lots of NY pinheads around forceflow zacaj ronss Maybe one of them knows someone close by that can show you the basics.
Coil resistance chart: https://www.flippers.com/coil-resistance.html

Cool thanks for the info. As soon as I get that new multimeter I'll get busy. ^_^ I suspect either the coil to the knocker. Whenever that fuse breaks I get a knock and the buzzer sound that the game makes for a tilt warning.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
$ 14.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 22.00
$ 399.95
$ 279.95
$ 17.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside