(Topic ID: 140652)

Williams System 3 attract mode mod? What is this?

By Otaku

8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Otaku
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Otaku.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Picking up a World Cup hopefully in a few days from a fellow Pinsider, and through research of the game a few days ago I came to the (sad) realization that this game and other System 3 games were just before attract modes were a thing. Attract mode is a big part of it all to me and even though I still want the game a lot and it looks like fun and something I want to fix up to keep, I thought all hope was lost for attract mode, and I was surprised as my Flash has such a great attract mode (Well, it will once I get it running!) and they aren't too far apart in terms of age, but understandably so.

Then I came across a video where it looks like it's running attract mode, and it must be a mod or something. Is this a feature of one of the modern boards or a ROM edit? Has anybody ever seen anything like this before on these games, and where would I "get" this?

Video:

Thanks!

Otaku

It also seems to flash the scores of "0" of the last-played-game score instead of "000000" like usual.

#2 8 years ago

Bump before early bed tonight. Found the guy on KLOV but he's been inactive for two years there, and 3+ on pinball owners it looks like. I'd say he was just using wrong ROMs or something but that pulsing of the "STAR" lights is just too exact and perfect to be some sort of error unless it's insane luck. The other lights look a bit uncoordinated but I figured I would just attribute that to the state of the mod and not some sort of false ROM swap. Any ideas?

Jeez, it's even doing it to the controlled lights in the backbox too. I don't think that's the lamp test though, lol. Very very strange. I don't really like that. Still curious though.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Electronics
KAHR.US Circuits

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Otaku.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-system-3-attract-mode-mod?tu=Otaku and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.