(Topic ID: 169151)

Williams System 3-7 (Flash, System 4), backglass won't drop in.

By Otaku

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Otaku
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Setting up my Flash after a long time now that my basement is ready to have my 80's (yes, it's from 1979...) row "installed", and I had this issue a long time ago as well.

My backglass won't fit in the head correctly. It did at one point in time. I slide it in the top like any machine and it's all good so far, then when I go to let it drop in the crevice it doesn't want to go down all of the way, and it almost doesn't even to seem to go down at all. I can't even force it in by pushing down on it hard. If you're not able to get the mental image, think of it as only half of the displays showing because it is sitting too high.

I made sure the head was unlocked (then unbolted the lock mechanism and pushed it back into the head to make double sure), and both the top and bottom "line" where it goes in are now both fully clear of any debris or small objects.

I adjusted to the two metal pieces the door latches onto since you can thankfully unscrew them and slide them back so the door will close more (or less, depending on what you want). I slid them back all of the way and successfully latched the door but STILL the glass will not drop in.

At a loss here. Has anybody ever experienced this before? I must have tried 20 times. This glass already isn't a prime example but I'm hoping to finally let it go in so I don't damage it if I haven't already.

#2 7 years ago

I had this problem once with a head that somehow got warped. It's not your glass. The lowest common denominator is the wooden head. Mine was a Firepower and I just had to live with it.

#3 7 years ago

Thanks for the info. I am curious how I can fix this though even if I have to hack something up. I'd remake one (and even have a donor, but using it for another machine) but the paint is so nice. Hmm.

It's weird, because I can't even tell what part is jamming it up. It doesn't even look stuck, it just gets that way. Very weird.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

2,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, IL
Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Green Brook Township, NJ
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-system-3-7-flash-system-4-backglass-wont-drop-in and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.