3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by msadan
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider msadan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Here's something I haven't run across before. This driver board came into the shop with several others. According to the board's owner he got it as an extra board with a game he purchased. When I first tested it on my test fixture it would cause the MPU to lock up. No boot, just two solid LEDs on the MPU. After replacing the 40 pin connector and all three PIAs and their sockets it boots, but with a weird lamp matrix issue. It looks fine in lamp test (that's the first part of the video), but in attract mode it acts like whenever any lamp in a row is on, every other lamp in that row is on as well (second part of the video). I'm not sure that the fact that it appears normal in test mode is significant since the lamps test lights entire rows and not just single lamps in a row. I also replaced IC19 which controls most (but not all) of the lamp rows, no change. Switch matrix and solenoids work normally on the test fixture. I've tried switching the PIAs around, no help. The original PIAs as well as the three new ones all test good on my tester. Anyone have any ideas?

#2 3 years ago

Solved it! The 7408 at IC13 was bad.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider msadan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-system-3-7-driver-board-lamp-matrix-issue?tu=msadan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.