5 days ago

Topic Stats

• 1 post
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 5 days ago

I looked through linked posts to a few games in this range and didn't see a common thread, so here it is.

I'll start. I have a Laser Ball. Previous owner moved it with the head on, hit a bump, and the bottom panel of the head broke. Crash. The backglass survived and only had minimal board/wiring damage which I think I'm done repairing. Previous owner was having issues, so at this point it doesn't matter what caused the issues since some have always existed.

Once I had everything back together and passed the eyeball test and a power up passed the multimeter test at the fuses I tried with the MPU. The game wouldn't boot. Ok, press the diagnostics button. The LED pattern that said 6810 is bad came up. Ok, replace that. Power it up again. It pauses (as if it's a classic Bally) then the insert lights come on, then in a few seconds they go off again as if it crashed. Power it up again after reading pinwiki with a few things to poke around at and it boots straight into the audit menu, which is interesting because that was the last thing I pressed the previous time it was powered up, but the displays were out. Power it off again, because that's how you exit the audit menu and wait a few minutes.

Power it up again, game boots normally. I press the coin switch and it adds some credits (no sound, not sure if that's supposed to be a knocker or an audio clip) and press start. The flippers work, but the ball doesn't eject. Ok, let's press another switch that would trigger a coil. A pop bumper, nothing. Ok, back inside to look up where to test for coil voltage (the TP, not any coil lug like I probably could have). Come back out and the game has crashed again. LEDs are on but I can't remember the configuration, and the displays and inserts are out. I actually have a circuit breaker in place of a fuse at the solenoid fuse because that one was blown when I was poking around originally. Well, it's popped again.

So:

Why won't this game make up its mind about how it would boot?

What is causing that solenoid breaker to blow? I don't have a coil locking on at power up.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 104.00
$ 22.00
$ 15.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 25.00
Boards
German-Pinball-Modular
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 2.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 149.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 249.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside