4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by GRUMPY
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinheadpurdy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

I have a problem with my System 11C Rollergames. When three of the ramp flashers fire, each one of them triggers a separate coil at the same time. Flasher #5 fires VUK, Flasher #6 fires Drop Targets, and Flasher #7 fires Cabinet Knocker. The coils work separately when they're supposed to and do not fire the associated flashers. It behaves the same in diagnostics mode (video to come). I have 8 month old brand new main power board, aux power board and interconnect board. When I disconnect the flashers from the interconnect board, the problem still happens so I don't think it's a short. There have been a couple components replaced on the MPU board in the lower left corner (where I believe these signals originate). The same problem cropped up months ago, but I can't remember what I did to fix it and the game has worked great for the last six months. Any thoughts? Thanks!

#3 4 years ago

The relay on the MPU or the one on the Aux Power Board? I put my old Aux Power Board back in and it did the exact same thing, so I doubt it's that relay unless they're both bad. I'm not sure about the one on the MPU. Is there a good was to test these? Thanks!

#6 4 years ago

The relay on both Aux boards 'click' and sound normal. There is a diag LED in the interconnect board that comes on when the relay engages and it looks normal too, although that LED does stay on sometimes. Does that sound normal?

So if the Aux Power Driver Board is the problem that means I have two bad aux pwr boards - the original and the newish Kohout. I did have trouble with the first Kohout Aux board I got 8 mo ago, but when I put the old one back in the problem went away. This is not happening now - both new and old behave the same way.

I believe I can manually actuate it in the test mode by just waiting for a full cycle. I'm not real swift with the DMM though.

1 week later
#10 4 years ago

Update; I pulled the aux pwr driver board out of the other RG that I am buying and the problem went away! I guess I do have two A/C relays that failed in the same way.

Does anyone have insight into why they fail? Is the machine backfeeding something into the aux driver board causing the A/C relay to fail? Thanks for all the help guys. Grumpy - there is a local operator that fixes boards.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Boards
PinSound
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Oak Brook, IL
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
$ 19.99
Playfield - Plastics
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Ghostbusters Pro Out of stock
Operation Pinball
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 2.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinheadpurdy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside