(Topic ID: 205738)

Williams System 11b Ball Trough Issues

By pinball_player

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinball_player.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

I have an issue where my machine sometimes will launch two balls into the trough at the beginning of a turn. The issue is intermittent and occurs most often when one ball is locked in the left diversion ramp (whirlwind). I see there are three switches under the apron and a fourth in the trough. Any idea which combination tells the CPU that there is "no ball" in the trough causing the second to be kicked? Each of the four switches mentioned move freely and appear to 'click' at the point they should be triggered.

2 weeks later
#6 6 years ago

OK - Problem solved and it turned out to be somewhat of a head scratcher. The machine was launching two balls into shoot lane only when one ball was locked for multiball. After replacing the outhole and ball trough switches, I still had the same problem - and now multiball was ending early when the first ball was drained in the outhole. I then traced all the wiring diagrams per the instruction manual only to find out that the signal wires to number 1 and 3 trough switches were juxtaposed. Now that it is wired correctly everything is working like a charm. Wish the last owner knew how to read a schematic....

Thanks for the help and input.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greenwood, IN
$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinball_player.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-system-11b-ball-trough-issues?tu=pinball_player and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.