Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by ChrisHibler
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

I have an issue where my machine sometimes will launch two balls into the trough at the beginning of a turn. The issue is intermittent and occurs most often when one ball is locked in the left diversion ramp (whirlwind). I see there are three switches under the apron and a fourth in the trough. Any idea which combination tells the CPU that there is "no ball" in the trough causing the second to be kicked? Each of the four switches mentioned move freely and appear to 'click' at the point they should be triggered.

#2 1 year ago

You don't have an extra ball loaded in the game by accident do you? Happened to me once when i dropped a third ball in taxi after doing some work on it #1+2=4 Long shot if you say its intermittent but hey worth a check.

Beyond that have you done a switch test? Check the ball lock switches on the left too.

#3 1 year ago

I had the same thing on my earthshaker always ball one would load two. I made sure switches were clean and able to move and it stopped. I just moved them with my finger and made sure they were able to register. I hope it doesn't come back because I didn't do anything special.

#4 1 year ago

Did you check the shooter lane switch and diode?

#5 1 year ago

I had this same issue on one of my machines. One of the trough switches was snagged on a wire under the playfield so it was always on.

2 weeks later
#6 1 year ago

OK - Problem solved and it turned out to be somewhat of a head scratcher. The machine was launching two balls into shoot lane only when one ball was locked for multiball. After replacing the outhole and ball trough switches, I still had the same problem - and now multiball was ending early when the first ball was drained in the outhole. I then traced all the wiring diagrams per the instruction manual only to find out that the signal wires to number 1 and 3 trough switches were juxtaposed. Now that it is wired correctly everything is working like a charm. Wish the last owner knew how to read a schematic....

Thanks for the help and input.

#7 1 year ago

Good job and congratulations.

#8 1 year ago

Prior work...always suspect...nice work!
--
Chris Hibler

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 399.95
$ 279.95
$ 50.00
$ 839.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside