You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20200119_203917485 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200119_203930087 (resized).jpg
#1 4 years ago

Hello all,
Can i use the system 11 mpu from a Grand Lizard to replace the system 11c that the Rollergames came with?

#2 4 years ago

Don't, 11s are rare and you'd have to do some work to it. Much better to go out and find an original C instead. Someone is dying for that system 11 board.

#3 4 years ago

Is your original system 11C board damaged or missing? If damaged, post a picture of it.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Is your original system 11C board damaged or missing? If damaged, post a picture of it.

Honestly, i don't know if there is anything wrong with the 11c mpu. I have not played the Rollergames in quite a while. I turned it on the other day and all i got was the general illumination lights. No display and no "bong" sound on power up. When i press the button on the side of the mpu it will "bong" and briefly displays "mem protec failure". I am just barely getting into trouble shooting this one. All three red lights are continuously lit on the mpu. The reason that i was asking about possible sys 11 compatibility is that i have a "Grand Lizard" that had been retired years ago. The mpu is in it but i have no idea if it is any good. Someone got to the other boards before i got the machine.
The display is totally blank and appears to be dead until i press the button on the mpu (11c) thats when it displays the "mem protec failure" and then goes blank again.

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from TxDremz:

mem protec failure

Start with posting a picture. If there is no or minor battery corrosion, then board is repairable.

#7 4 years ago

Start with posting a picture. If there is no or minor battery corrosion, then board is repairable.

Here is a couple of pics. I have not removed the mpu but i don't see any obvious problems. I am going to be digging into this deeper tomorrow with a multi meter. What besides checking fuses should i be looking for first?
Thank you, by the way. Oh yeah, You might notice in the picture that the ribbon cable above the batteries is missing. I unplugged it for a better shot of the area around the batteries.
IMG_20200119_203917485 (resized).jpgIMG_20200119_203917485 (resized).jpgIMG_20200119_203930087 (resized).jpgIMG_20200119_203930087 (resized).jpg

#8 4 years ago

Thing is clean as a whistle as far as battery corrosion goes. The fix should be cheap and easy. If I were you, my bigger concern would be finding the other boards for the Grand Lizard.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from TxDremz:

What besides checking fuses should i be looking for first?

The battery holder is bad and I would also replace C-30 while the board is out. Then put it back in and check voltages on the power supply.

#10 4 years ago

I could install NVRAM for you to keep that perfect MPU looking like that forever, which removes the batteries. I even have the C30 and night even have all capacitors on hand for a cap rebuild for that power supply. I live out close Katy. Also, Tim in Cosby of Crosby Pinball could also do it since he is less than half the distance than I am from you.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

The battery holder is bad and I would also replace C-30 while the board is out. Then put it back in and check voltages on the power supply.

Thank you. I will replace the battery holder with an NVRAM as well as the C-30. I have both of them on hand.

I could install NVRAM for you to keep that perfect MPU looking like that forever, which removes the batteries. I even have the C30 and night even have all capacitors on hand for a cap rebuild for that power supply. I live out close Katy. Also, Tim in Cosby of Crosby Pinball could also do it since he is less than half the distance than I am from you.

Yeah, If this thing gives me too much grief i will be giving Tim a call.
I will update with my progress. Thank you!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nashua, NH
$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pomona, CA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-system-11-system-11c-compatibility and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.