• Latest reply 9 years ago by Tanooki
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pinbot.jpg
IMG_0667.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tanooki.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

I've got a little problem here and I can't figure it out on where to reattach these wires. They got pulled off, and I can see more sheered off loops on the switches than detached loops with solder on them floating in the coin door area.

I've got a white wire with a diode, two loops/solder bits, pretty sure it goes on the left, but there are 3 sheered off points. Then I have a green with gray stripe wire duo also pictured, not sure where that goes at all. I feel like I'm not seeing another wire maybe? There's that one loop missing on the far right too. The only one that hasn't popped apart is the center switch.

Am I missing something, or simply put, where do those things go?

IMG_0667.JPGIMG_0667.JPG
#3 9 years ago

I wish it did, but I have no skill in reading such things but I'll pop up the PDF and take a peek at it. It's the one of few things that guy was missing when I got this, the book. That and the key up top since they decided to just drill out the lock for some reason along with the bob (pole still there and the rest) and ball removed from the tilt track next to it.

I can't make sense of it. Oh well hopefully someone can just say, how using the image provided. Thanks anyway.

#5 9 years ago

Ok I was going to respond to you originally where I found most the wires but couldn't find the double white on the far right, scratch that, it was tangled up in the bundle between the factory zip ties (grr.)

Anyway I took what people said here, but figured I'd throw caution into the wind and went for it. I touched the various sheer off loops to their proper spots, and I found out the switch worked on the left. At first the right one had me thrown as it was looking like it was scrolling fast spazzing out, but then it wasn't (probably my hand shaking.) I figured what the hell, heated up the soldering iron which I'll admit I'm not that steady/good with, and started fusing the old solder (and a little bit of new) into the right spots, double green, white diode end, then white wire end(left). Tested, worked, it sucked all the scores out of the game. Then went for it on the right, got the white on with less struggle than the others, and boom, test options now work too. My system is restored thanks to your generously clean image of your switch/wiring layout.

I can only imagine what kind of boobery was involved in mashing up against that or raking it with the coin trough to snap those off but it was NOT broken and shouldn't have been detached.

Also interesting, supposedly the 1P spot has 111 plays on it registered, that is IT. 2-4 have like 1-4 plays. There's no way this thing could have been that little played even under home use.

I just now need to figure out how to mess with the settings, couldn't figure out what to push to cycle features in the setup area. Also what's all that about on the apron about hold flipper for 4 seconds to see status report?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

3,152 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pulaski, PA
$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
3,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Clovis, CA
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tanooki.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-system-11-pin-bot-diag-switch-wiring-detached?tu=Tanooki and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.